Stories & Poems by a Minister's Daughter
The 12 Tribes of Isarel & Their Meanings
It is interesting to read about Jacob's 'blessings' that he bestowed upon his sons on his death bed.
Here is a summary of what can be found in Genesis, Chapter 49.
- Ruben, the firstborn, the beginning of Jacob's strength yet would not excel.
- Simeon and Levi, instruments of cruelty; Jacob cursed their anger and their wrath.
- Judah; blessed fully.
- Zebulun, a haven for ships.
- Issachar, strong, servant unto tribute.
- Dan; a judge to his people.
- Gad; overcome, but will again overcome.
- Asher; bread shall be fat; yield royal dainties.
- Naphtali; giveth goodly words.
- Jacob; the fruitful bough.
- Benjamin; raven as a wolf.
Inspirational Writings by Sharen
Sharen's Nature Photography